This comes under the directives of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President of the UAE, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, who will involve these programmers in the process of building the country's digital economy, and creating an infrastructure that stimulates creativity and innovation capable of keeping pace with the rapid changes in various vital sectors.
The "National Program for Programmers" will support golden residency holders in implementing promising ideas and transforming them into integrated projects that serve the optimistic trends of the positive and decisive role of programming in the lives of communities.
All programmers of different nationalities and ages can apply for a golden residency in the country through the Artificial Intelligence Office in the UAE government, or the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, and applications will be evaluated by the government agencies concerned with issuing the golden residency for programmers who qualify for it.
Experts, talents and distinguished competencies who have recorded success stories in various fields of programming, or workers in leading international companies in the technology sector, or who have scientific degrees in one of the fields of software engineering, computer science, hardware engineering, computer engineering and technology, can apply for obtaining a golden residence. Information, artificial intelligence, data science, big data and electrical engineering.
Entrepreneurs and programmers who obtained the golden residency will enjoy a range of facilities and financing options that will be provided by the "National Program for Programmers" to support the implementation of their projects and innovative ideas, and the establishment of digital companies that support the competitiveness of the national economy globally, in addition to various opportunities for cooperation and communication with government and private agencies and major technology companies in the UAE.
And beyond, to implement promising ideas and turn them into integrated projects.
The list of program partners includes many government, private, and academic agencies and technology companies inside and outside the UAE, including:
- Amazon cloud computing
- "Majid Al Futtaim"
- Dubai World Trade Center
- Emirates NBD Bank
- Khalifa University
- Higher Colleges of Technology
- "Al Sharekah University"
- "Mohammed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence"
- American University in Dubai
- "Lee Wagon"
The strategy of the National Program for Programmers focuses on 5 main axes, including:
- Support stakeholders from programmers, entrepreneurs, start-ups, large corporations and academia.
- Create a comprehensive platform that brings programmers together with local companies and universities.
- Launching global initiatives under the supervision of a selection of international trainers to develop the competency of local talent.
- Attracting the best international skills in programming to the UAE.
- Suggest possible and supportive policies for the programmers sector in cooperation with various government agencies.