While there has been no record of infection with the Corona virus in the Arab region so far, the authorities in those countries have started to take preventive measures, including subjecting Chinese arrivals to a medical examination.
What is Corona virus?
Corona virus has another name, Middle East syndrome, which is a large group of viruses that can cause a range of diseases ranging from a common cold to severe acute respiratory syndrome, according to the World Health Organization website.
Among the main symptoms of the virus: (fever, cough, and shortness of breath), and there are less common symptoms such as acute pneumonia and diarrhea.
According to the United Nations, the transmission of human virus infection occurs mostly in health care settings.
Therefore, caution should be exercised when visiting hospitals, because the virus is transmitted through direct contact with infected persons, or through droplets from them or touching surfaces contaminated with the virus, and a muzzle can be worn while going there.
Corona Prevention Tips: -
Currently, vaccines are not available to protect against HIV infection, and the treatment available is supportive and patient-based.
According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Control, the risk of infection can be reduced by doing the following:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
How do you protect others?
If you have cold-like symptoms, you can help protect others by doing the following:
1. Stay home if you are sick.
2. Avoid close contact with others such as hugs and kisses.
3. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
4. Clean and disinfect things and surfaces.