Under the cooperation agreement signed between the Israeli Aerospace Industries and signed with the UAE "EDGE" group, "EDGE" will benefit from the capabilities of the "Abu Dhabi Shipbuilding Company" ADSB Regional Shipyard in Abu Dhabi, the leader in the design, production, maintenance, modification and conversion of commercial ships
Edge will design the platform and integrate the control systems, while the IAI will develop automatic control systems, integrating a variety of payloads into the control units, and this is implemented in accordance with the mission's requests.
Military applications offered by autonomous ships include:
- intelligence capabilities.
- Observe, monitor, patrol the borders and beaches.
- Maritime security.
- mine detection.
- Detection of submarines and means of combat against submarines.
- Deploying platforms for vertical take-off and landing.
- The ships will be suitable for civilian applications such as oceanography.
- pollution control.
- Oil and gas exploration.
- Transfer of materials and liquids.
- Search and rescue.
- Extinguishing fires and early intervention.
The Edge Group, which Aerospace Industries signed with, is a holding company for defense products and weapons in the United Arab Emirates, and the company produces armored vehicles, missiles, drones and weapons.