The city of Riyadh is the jewel of the Kingdom because it is the capital and because it is characterized by many features, we find there urban development of luxury buildings and giant skyscrapers.
Among the most important tourist attractions in Riyadh are the Kingdom Tower, which is the most luxurious shopping center in Riyadh, Al Masmak Castle, and King Abdullah Park.
The city of Jeddah, which is nicknamed the Bride of the Red Sea, has the most beautiful and wonderful beaches in addition to its folklore. Among the most prominent tourist attractions in which it is located, the Floating Mosque of Mercy, King Fahd’s Fountain, and Al Shallal Theme Park.
Makkah Al-Mukarramah: The most beautiful and most important tourist city in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where the greatest building in Islamic history is located, which is the Kaaba, the Sacred House of God. It is one of the most famous religious tourist attractions that people come to from all over the world. The Towers of the House and Mount Arafat are also located there.
Tourism projects in Saudi Arabia:
- The Neom tourism project, which tops the list of mega tourism projects in the Kingdom, with a cost of about $500 billion, and the Neom city in which the project will be located is one of the largest smart cities in the world and not only in Saudi Arabia.
- The Qiddiya project, which will host the first Formula One race in 2023, with a cost of about $10 billion in the first phase only, in addition to several entertainment and sports venues and huge amusement parks.
- The Amala project, which was launched in September 2018, will be delivered in 2028, and will be a tourist attraction for visitors.
- The Rig project, the world's first unique tourism project that attracts visitors with oil, combines accommodation, adventure, some sports and recreational activities, and being a qualitative leap in the history of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia because it is expected to be a source of attraction for tourists from all over the world.
Cool tourist areas in Saudi Arabia:
Although most regions inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are characterized by high temperatures, there are cold tourist areas in Saudi Arabia that we will get to know with you now:
- Abha city, and its temperatures range between 18 to 28 degrees Celsius, in addition to rain, coinciding with the month of August, during which summer rains fall.
- The high mountain heights contribute to the activation of the air currents and thus they condense and turn into clouds that fall in the form of rain.
- The city of Asir enjoys its cold weather, as the Souda region in which it is located is characterized by a temperature of up to 18 degrees Celsius, in addition to its beautiful landscapes and charming nature, and therefore it is one of the most important cold tourist areas in Saudi Arabia.
The three best cities in the Kingdom:
- Makkah Al-Mukarramah: It enjoys a special place in the hearts of Muslims because it is home to the Sacred House, which is the destination for Muslims throughout the year to perform Umrah, especially during the Hajj season. Therefore, it is considered one of the best cities in Saudi Arabia.
- Medina, which enjoys its calm and clear atmosphere and the presence of the Prophet’s Mosque in it, made it one of the best and most important cities in the Kingdom. It also has the Quba Mosque, the first mosque built in Islam, and the Mosque of Al-Qiblatain, which witnessed the first prayer of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him.
- Riyadh: It is the Saudi capital and has many tourist attractions that make it one of the best Arab cities that tourists from all over the world go to visit.
The most beautiful cities in southern Saudi Arabia:
- The city of Abha, which is located in the southwest of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and is called the Jewel of the South, is one of the most important cities in the Kingdom and one of the most important summer resorts, because its climate is moderate, as it is called the Bride of the Mountain, and it has a beauty that distinguishes it from other Saudi cities.
- The city of Najran, which is located in the southwest of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and although most of it is desert and surrounded by mountains, there are several historical tourist areas, the most important of which is the city of Al-Ukhdiyah, as well as the Najran Museum and others.
Green areas in Saudi Arabia:
Among the most important green areas in Saudi Arabia are:
- Raghadan Forest area in Al Baha.
- Khaybar Oasis area in Medina.
- Al-Shifa village area in Taif.
The most prominent mountain cities in Saudi Arabia:
- Jizan city, in which the Fifa Mountains are located, are the highest peaks, and the mountains are wrapped around each other so that it appears to you from afar that it is a pyramidal mountain in addition to being a fertile and evergreen land, and therefore it is one of the most important mountain tourist cities.